Saturday, October 18, 2008

Football Saturdays....You gotta love it!!!

I can not tell you how much I love Football season and especially when it's ALABAMA FOOTBALL!!!! So I must say it was a little scary this week. When will our players learn to listen to Saban when he says "WE HAVE TO FINISH THE GAME!!!" We were up 24-3 at the half and what was the final score???? 24-20!!!!
On another note, I live in a college town and it is the college's homecoming was today, so that means that a lot of hubby's frat brothers are in town. A couple of them came in town last night and stayed here with us. Emma LOVES company and she has been on cloud nine all day. New people to play with and then...more people came over before they headed out to the big homecoming game! I have to admit, as much as I love football season, I have never gotten into our local colleges team. I love to see the town paint their store windows in support for the team and love the spirit but I just don't care for going. Justin thinks I am nuts because I will drop everything and go to T-Town, which is 3 hours away, but I won't go 5 minutes up the road to watch the local team. And YES I did attend the local college, which kind of makes it worse, but what can I say!! So I opted to stay home with "miss priss" and hand out with her.
Well what do you know???? She was exhausted from playing with her new friends and passed out from exhaustion. So I decided to blog!! :-)
Great news....Hayli got to call today!! She is doing great and we actually get to see her next week! YEP... She's graduating from Basic Training next Friday! We are driving up to be a part of the celebration and she is so excited about seeing all of us. She told me that she absolutely LOVED all of the letters that everyone has sent. It has been such and encouragement to her through out this tough process. Please continue to pray for her...She has a LONG way to go! It is a lot of time away from us and she misses seeing Emma so much.
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful and beautiful Saturday!! I don't know about you guys but we had an unbelievably beautiful day here in Alabama!!! Also thank you to those of you who have commented on my blogs! It's such a great feeling to sign in and see you have comments! It's like getting something in the mail when you were a kid!!HA!!!
Have a blessed Saturday night and wonderful Sunday!!
In Him,
Kelli

1 comment:

Jen said...

congrats on your precious baby girl! I have been wondering what happended to you girl! I haven't seen you in forever. I am also a teacher..I have done 1st, 5th, 3rd, reading coach, and now I am teaching 4th grade and I love it. The picture of your little Emma and dad was precious!